There’s more than world-class wine to Wine Country. Napa Valley is home to some of the world’s premier golf courses. Amateur and pro golfers alike come here to play a round or two or take in one of the PGA Tour championships that happen every year. The area enjoys extended periods of near-perfect playing weather, and there’s no shortage of beautiful accommodations, Napa bars, and outdoor dining establishments to complete their enjoyment.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the area’s most popular golf resorts and our biased recommendation for a great Napa bar and outdoor dining destination.
- Silverado Resort Golf boasts two PGA championship courses overseen by World Golf Hall of Famer Johnny Miller.
- Chardonnay Golf Club offers a unique golf experience that features an 18-hole combo of six par threes, six par fours, and six par fives.
- Eagle Vines Vineyards & Golf Club was designed by Johnny Miller and is home to a challenging 18-hole course surrounded by incredible landscapes.
- Napa Valley Country Club is set amongst the area’s vineyards and is Napa Valley’s only private golf club. It features nearly 200 acres of oak-studded terrain as well as a USGA-certified 18-hole course.
- Napa Golf Course at Kennedy Park offers an affordable way for golfers to practice their skills and take instruction from PGA members.
- Vintner’s Golf Club is located in Yountville and is considered a top golf destination in the Napa Valley. It was recently voted best up-valley golf course by Napa Sonoma Magazine and is designed to accommodate players of all skills levels.
Once you’ve teed off and putted your way through a round or two, it’s time to unwind and head for some refreshments. We have the perfect place in mind!
Food and Drink at Downtown Joes Napa Bar
At Downtown Joes Brewery & Restaurant you can enjoy outdoor dining, live music, and one of Napa’s best bars. Take in the view of the Napa River from our outdoor patio, try one or two of our craft beers, and dig into what we—and our customers—believe is some of Napa Valley’s finest American-style pub food. You can feast on one of our award-winning burgers, classic Cobb salads, blackened fish tacos, and more. And if you still have room, our homemade tiramisu and flourless chocolate torte are to die for.
We’re now accepting phone-in reservations up to 4 hours before seating time. You can also make online reservations 24 hours in advance. No time or forgot to make a reservation? No problem! We welcome walk-ins, and you won’t have to wait long at all.