Napa Valley is beautiful every month of the year, but visiting in December offers something particularly wondrous. The wineries are decked out for the holidays, fireplaces are roaring everywhere you go, and it’s Cabernet season!
If you’re planning to head up to Napa for the holidays, here’s everything you need to know about enjoying Napa events, sightseeing opportunities, and Napa restaurants during the winter season.
Napa Events to Enjoy This December
Ready to celebrate the holidays in true Napa Valley style this December? From outdoor activities to family-friendly events, there’s no better time to visit!
- Santa in St. Helena takes place on December 9 from 3 to 6 pm at Hunt Ave. & Main Street. There’ll be plenty of music and vendors as well as family photo ops with Old St. Nick.
- Visiting Napa with the little ones? St. Helena’s Community Ornament Making event is happening along Main Street on December 17. No pre-registration is necessary. Don’t forget to check out the wine barrel tree while you’re there!
- “Up on the Rooftop” with Archer is happening now through January 6, 2023, at the Archer Hotel’s Sky & Vine rooftop bar. Adults can enjoy seasonal small plates and holiday-themed cocktails and youngsters can enjoy hot chocolate and special treats as everyone looks out over the panoramic valley vistas.
- Silverado Resort & Spa will host a complimentary Hanukkah Blessing and reception on Sunday, December 18. Holiday treats, coffee, and cocoa will be available for all to enjoy. The resort is also offering a chance for kids of all ages to Breakfast With Santa on December 17, which includes the gift of a keepsake holiday ornament.
- Visiting Napa for New Year’s Eve? There’s no shortage of parties, musical entertainment, and other events to help you ring in the new year.
Hoping to fit in a bit of wine tasting during your stay? Good idea, as many of Napa’s wineries offer special deals this time of year. The Winter in the Wineries Passport available in Calistoga includes complimentary wine tastings in 16 of the area’s wineries. It also offers discounts on dining, shopping, lodging, and spa experiences.
Napa Restaurants in December: Cheer and Goodwill
No visit to Napa is complete without enjoying the area’s renowned restaurants. And there’s no better place to welcome 2023 than at Downtown Joe’s! If you’re looking for a one-stop experience offering fantastic live music, brilliant food, and one-of-a-kind crafted beers, this is the place to be. Come celebrate our 26th year in downtown Napa. We open daily at 8 am, offer indoor and outdoor view dining, and our bar’s open til midnight.
We accept phone reservations up to four hours before seating times and 24-hour in advance online reservations. Don’t worry if you forgot to reserve, as we always welcome walk-ins, and the wait is never long. We can’t wait to celebrate the holidays with you!