Many people say October is the perfect time of the year to visit the Napa Valley, and it’s easy to understand why. Of course, California’s wine country is a terrific destination any time of the year. In October, though, its many communities come alive with a variety of events showcasing what the region is all about: outstanding wine and food.
From vineyard crews picking late-ripening Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah grapes to late-month harvest celebrations, here’s just some of what you can look forward to during an October trek to Napa.
Upcoming Napa Valley Events in October
October delivers what’s arguably the Valley’s most pleasant weather of the year, meaning you can spend your days soaking in the sunshine on winery patios and your nights enjoying the Napa nightlife and river view restaurants.
Celebrations & More
- The Napa Half Marathon takes place on October 2. The course takes runners through some of the Valley’s most scenic hills and vineyards, and each participant is rewarded with a bottle of wine as they cross the finish line. For those who like a shorter sprint, there’s also a quarter marathon where all who finish receive a medal!
- One of the area’s most beloved fall events for all ages, St. Helena’s Hometown Harvest Festival is happening Saturday, October 15, from 11 am to 4 pm on Oak Avenue between Adams and Spring Streets. Highlights include the annual Pet PAWrade, pancake breakfast, and fun run.
- For a safe afternoon of trick or treating in downtown Napa, head to the Hometown Halloween Party on October 29 from 11 am to 1 pm. There’s a costume party for kids of all ages, and you can identify participating stores by the black and orange balloons they display.
- October shows at the Blue Note Napa include Chris Mann on Friday the 14th, Kenny Garrett & Sound From the Ancestors on the 15th and 16th, and Taylor Dayne on the 21st and 22nd.
- Robert Biale Vineyards holds its annual Harvest Dinner on October 15 with a seasonal menu prepared by Napa Valley Bistro’s renowned chef, Bernardo Ayala. Though the event is currently listed as “sold out,” you can add your name to the waitlist.
- Jam Cellars wine and music studio offers nightly music from 10 am to midnight every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The eclectic yet comfortable space is an ideal spot to listen to classic vinyl records and chill out with old and new friends.
There’s no shortage of great restaurants in Napa, but if you’re looking for the Valley’s premiere location for live music, great food, and brilliant brews, head to Downtown Joe’s. Our regional microbrewery offers river view indoor and outdoor dining every day of the week starting at 8 am. And our delicious menu features traditional American dishes that are cooked with authentic Napa Valley flair.
Have plans for later in the evening? Join us for Happy Hour and enjoy half-priced appetizers, craft beers, and wines by the glass every Monday through Friday from 4 to 6 pm. We can’t wait to celebrate the glorious month of October with you!